FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
* Is your organization a 501c3?
Yes, we are a 501c3 organization
* When was Mending the Gap Established?
Mending the Gap was established in 2010
* What is your organization's mission?
Our mission is to keep seniors healthy, independent, and connected.
* Where does the money go when I donate to your organization?
Monies donated go primarily to operations and our programs.
* Who runs the organization?
The organization is run by Executive Director and governed by a Board of Directors.
* How can I partner with the organization?
You can partner with Mending the Gap through monetary or in-kind contributions or by donating your services.
* Are donations tax-deductible?
Yes, donations are tax-deductible.
* How can I get involved in the organization's mission?
Complete the volunteer application on our website, and the coordinator will contact you to complete the process.
* Can someone volunteer virtually or indirectly?
Yes, we offer indirect volunteer opportunities, such as hosting a food or supplies drive, making friendly phone calls to our seniors, writing encouraging letters or cards, etc.
* Who does Mending the Gap serve, and what are the criteria?
Mending the gap offers services to low-income seniors in Gwinnett County. Primary criteria; Seniors need to be 60yrs and older with income less than $1400/month and reside in Gwinnett county.
* Is there a cost for service?
No, there is no cost for services, no sliding scales, and no waiting list.
* How can seniors sign up for services?
Seniors can sign up on our website or call our office at 404-729-5185.
* What days are you open?
Client hours are: Monday: 10am-1:30pm Wednesday: 10am-2:00pm Friday 10:30am-2:30pm